We’ve said it before, but it bears repeating – the average homebuyer decides within the first few seconds of seeing a home if they are interested. Seconds! The impression they capture in that very first glimpse makes all the difference, which is why effectively staging your home is so critical.
People often equate staging with an expensive interior designer who comes in and suggests endless changes and upgrades for which sellers don’t have the time nor budget to complete. But, that doesn’t have to be the case.
At Mile High Relocation Services, we include the services of our fabulous home staging and interiors partner, Hillary Ellis of Simple Solutions, LLC, for all of our clients looking to sell their homes in the Denver real estate market. And, over the years, we’ve learned a thing or two about staging for sellers who wish to do it themselves.
Here are six simple, budget-friendly staging tips to help sell your home in that very first glimpse:
- Declutter and Depersonalize – When potential buyers enter your home, you want them to envision themselves living there. Declutter shelves, closets, cabinets, basements, garages – all the spaces you see right away and those behind closed doors. Get that extra clutter out of the way and store it out of sight. Depersonalize your home by taking down family photos and other personal items that may prevent buyers from painting that perfect picture in their minds of making your home their own.
- Give Your Landscaping Some Love – What’s the quickest way to make a great first impression with homebuyers? Landscaping. Seed the empty spots in your yard, add new mulch to the garden, and pull those weeds on the side of the house that have gotten out of control.Give your landscaping a little love for a big impact.
- Flower Power – One or two simple flower arrangements give the impression of a warm, loved, and well-kept home. And, you don’t have to spend a lot to give your home some flower power. You can visit your neighborhood grocery store, buy a bouquet or two of fresh flowers, divide them up, and put them in some pretty vases throughout your home, and you’re set!
- Add Touches of Color – Add a few splashes of color throughout your home to give it a cozy, cohesive, and well-maintained feel. Pillows, rugs, throws, and inexpensive pieces of art will easily do the trick.
- Paint Your Baseboards – When buyers walk in, you want your home to look and feel turnkey, giving them the feeling they can move in with very little to fix or change. One of the simplest ways to do this is to paint your baseboards. With just one quick coat of paint, your baseboards will look like new and give your home that subtle extra touch that pulls it all together.
- Make It Sparkle – This should go without saying, but when you are showing your home, it should be superbly clean. There is nothing more off-putting to potential buyers than a home that looks and feels (or smells!) like a lot of work. So, hire a cleaning service or devote a weekend to cleaning your home top to bottom. It will make all the difference in that first impression.
Are you ready to stage your home and get it ready to sell? We can help! Get in touch with us today to learn more about selling and buying in the Denver real estate market.