Thanksgiving has come and gone, and just as soon as the turkey was carved (sooner, actually), we were on to shopping, decorating, and Christmas carols. Our holiday gatherings may be smaller and simpler this year, so why not simplify your holiday home decorating as well to still enjoy all of the holiday spirit without the hassle? Here are 5 simple, budget-friendly ways from MODE Real Estate to decorate your home for the holidays.
- Ornaments as Décor – Traditional glass ball ornaments can do more than dress up a tree! Use ornaments in hurricane vases, decorative bowls, or hanging from light fixtures or chandeliers for easy, colorful, and cost-effective décor throughout your home.
- Wrap Wall Hangings – What’s a quick way to transform your home for the holidays with inexpensive supplies you already have? Tastefully wrap wall art, mirrors, or framed photos with beautiful holiday wrapping paper and bows that complement your home’s interior.
- Poinsettias – Simple. Sophisticated. Stunning.
- Light Projector – Get the look of lots of exterior lights without all the hassle using LED projector lights. For around $20, you can dazzle the neighbors with the appearance of hundreds of colorful twinkling lights with just one simple tool!
- Fill the Air –The scent of pine, cranberry, cinnamon, or gingerbread can instantly put you and your guests in the holiday spirit. Fill your home with all the scents of the holiday season with festive candles, a scented wax warmer, or scented ornament sticks to hang inside your tree or greenery.
Here are 15 more easy and elegant decorating ideas from Real Simple. Happy holiday decorating from MODE Real Estate!