Leaves in gorgeous hues, pumpkins adorning front porches, and pumpkin spice everything – fall is officially here! In Colorado, we’re lucky enough to be able to appreciate the season to its fullest. So, why not go all out and bring the beauty of fall indoors as well? Here are five simple, budget-friendly decorating ideas to make your home as fall festive on the inside as it is outside:
- Pick Up Some Pumpkins – The simplest, most budget-friendly way to decorate for fall is to use a colorful mix of pumpkins. Group pumpkins (and gourds) of all sizes and colors together on your front porch steps for an instant fall transformation. Incorporate them into your mantel décor. Paint your address or initials on them in bold colors for a creative flair. Or, use white pumpkins throughout your home for a neutral, yet festive touch. There are endless possibilities to get creative with this traditional fall staple!
- Add A Colorful Wreath – Visit your favorite home décor store right now, and you’re sure to run into a solid selection of gorgeous fall wreaths. Buy – or make, if you’re feeling crafty – your own festive fall wreath to bring a warm, welcoming fall look to your front door, interior doors, mantel, entry way, or countless other spots within your home.
- Decorate with Mums – Another gorgeous way to incorporate those rich fall hues into your home décor is with mums. Choose solid orange, red, yellow, white or any colorful combination of mums to add instant curb appeal to your front door décor. Mums also work inside to add a nice lively burst of color and texture to any room!
- DIY Décor in Your Kitchen and Dining Areas – DIY fall décor is especially easy in your kitchen and dining areas. Create a one-of-a-kind fall centerpiece for your dining room table using a large platter adorned with a fun selection of mini pumpkins, artificial leaves and berries, candles, and other fall accents. Fill a tall vase or a decorative basket with mini pumpkins and gourds. Or, transform a tiered serving plate into a colorful display with pumpkins, leaves, candles, and other accents on each tier.
- Make It an Olfactory Experience – There is no better way to set the fall mood in your home than with seasonal fall candles. For less than $50, you can stock your home with all the delicious scents – pumpkin, apple, vanilla, bourbon, cinnamon, and so many more – to give your home that extra coziness we all crave this time of year. Here are over 20 of the best fall candles to bring the season to life in your home!
What are your favorite fall decorating ideas? Share with us in the comments!